7.07.2010

boston day three

Today I visited two Boston attractions. The first was the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston and the second was the Boston Aquarium.



The Boston Contemporary was in between exhibitions so half of the museum was closed off. My ticket entitles me to a second visit but I will be back in Michigan. I had lunch at the museum cafe, soup (clam chowder) and sandwich (ham + cheese on sourdough) and walked over to the aquarium. The Boston contemporary had works by Marlene Dumas, Cindy Sherman and Nan Goldin in their permanent collection. I have previously seen their work at the Lacma and Moca.



The Boston Contemporary was pretty interesting but the Aquarium was the highlight of the day. It has a huge tank in the center with turtles, sting rays, fish, sharks, etc. I felt a little bad that they were confined to that space (and not in the ocean).
The jellyfish were so beautiful. I think I stared at them for a long time..
Shark.
Penguin chilling by the vent.

We ended the day by eating dinner at Oleana's in Cambridge. It is a very popular Turkish restaurant. So good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...